Monday, July 27, 2009

Disappearing Flash Window?

I've had a bizarre problem happen with Flash CS3 twice now since I've been using it. I don't know what causes this but Flash disappears when I "restore" the window (when it's not maximized) It's really bizarre. I mean, I can work with it maximized just fine, but I don't want it to HAVE to be maximized.
I tried:
Right-clicking it's button in the taskbar and selecting "Move", and then using the arrow keys and/or the mouse. Didn't do anything.
Right-clicking it's button in the taskbar and selecting "Size"... Didn't do anything.
I think I tried reinstalling Flash the first time. (I'm in IT - it was like a personal challenge!) - Didn't do anything.
Reset settings in Flash. Doing this caused my preferences to reset, unfortunately it didn't fix my problem. - Didn't do anything useful.
This time I searched online and found the solution on Experts-Exchange.

"I found this config file and renamed it:
C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\panelset.xml

Flash started again and all windows are visible again. The above file was recreated..."


So I tried the same thing, since I'm using CS3 they changed the name of the file on us, it's now called "workspacelayout.xml" - when I renamed it (to .old) and restarted Flash, I was able to restore my window and it actually showed up!
"Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! Happy....."

No comments:

Post a Comment